Weather got the best of us last weekend so we are rescheduling for :
Date: Sunday Dec 13
Time: 11 till 3
Where : Tsehum Harbour Sidney
Dear Michelle Rose CSF Members and Friends:
Want some local seafood for the holidays?
We are trying something new for us Smoked Salmon !
***New*** available for the first time – great for holiday parties and gifts
Hot smoked salmon $16/lb
Candied salmon $22/lb
- Approximately 1 pound packages frozen and vacuum packed
Also available – limited quantity:
- Prawns $30/lb ($38 for non-members)
- Coho fillets $13/lb ($15 non-members)
- Pink fillets $6.75/lb ($8 non-members
- Octopus $4/lb including small 2-3 lb trial packs
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Directions to Tsehum Harbour Fishermen’s Wharf from Victoria
http://www.haa.bc.ca/harbour/tsehum (for a map of where they are located)
- Take the Pat Bay hwy towards the ferry terminal.
- When you reach the light at Sidney turn to the right on to Beacon Ave.
- Turn left off of Beacon onto Resthaven Drive, this is the second possible left on Beacon Ave.
- Travel approximately 2 km along Resthaven. You will see Harbor road on your right just after this you will see the entrance to Tsehum Harbour to your right, turn right here. Bowerbank is immediately opposite the entrance to the wharf parking lot.
- Drive thru the parking lot out on to the pier there is a limited amount of parking on the pier. Come down the second ramp to the left and we will be tied up right at the head of the float.
Getting hauled out at Cowichan bay Shipyard for annual maintenance. We are going to clean and paint the hull and put in a new thru hull for the cooling water for the auxiliary engine .
Something new this year! A Pink only share or the How to feed a family share ! Pink salmon contain the same high nutritious value as sockeye or coho. They have a milder taste then their high class brethren and for children that is sometimes just the thing to introduce them to salmon. They are also half the cost of sockeye or coho; a $200.00 whole pink share has over 70lbs of salmon – about 20 to 30 fish. They are great barbequed or baked with butter and tarragon. They smoke well, are perfect for making salmon cakes and ideal for canning. Biologically pinks are a real success story, yet they are barely harvested by the small boat fleet due to the low prices paid by the fish companies and the high cost of fuel. At Michelle Rose CSF we see this as a opportunity to get more people eating salmon and give young and larger families a great way to enjoy some great seafood.
Take a look at our website at michellerosecsf.com to learn more about the CSF and all the different shares available.
The early bird draw, get your member share form and a cheque dated March1 or earlier to be in the draw for 2 people for a days cruise and prawn fishing in the southern gulf islands and a chance to see how a commercial boat works.
Last winter sports fishing in Saanich Inlet. Looking forward to this year’s season! Learn about new share options here.